Saturday, November 12, 2016

Safety Pin

I am now wearing the safety pin. In the face of fear, hatred and anger, I felt that it not only is the right thing to do, but my duty to make sure that everyone is safe and has support. I stand with you if you are an immigrant. I stand with you if you are Muslim. I stand with you if you are Black. I stand with you if you are LGBTQ+. I stand with you if you are being persecuted, discriminated against, bullied. I stand with you.

I am a safe person. This means that I will make sure you are safe in public. This means that I will make sure you get a ride home if you need one. I will walk you to your car. I will wait until someone you feel safe with picks you up. I will stand up to your oppressors with you. I will actively strive for peace, love and unity. I will actively strive for understanding, harmony and acceptance. I will actively strive for a better future.

We must stand together and fight this hatred, fear, violence and division with LOVE. Love is the only way to heal our broken Earth. Love is the only way we are going to heal humanity. Love is the only answer to solve these problems. And it starts with you, and it starts with me. It starts with each of us taking one step of peace, love and kindness everyday, with everyone we meet. It will become easier. Let us normalise love. Let us normalise peace. Let us normalise understanding.

Together, we will bring about the peace and healing we so desperately need. #SafetyPin

I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment