Thursday, August 11, 2016

Self Love

So I mentioned briefly some things that I've been doing to help get myself in a better place mentally and emotionally. Self love is very important for overcoming traumas in your life. It's important to take time for yourself. Repeating that for emphasis. As I mentioned before, I'm doing Buti Yoga and have had some energy therapy. Both have done wonders for me emotionally. Even if you think energy therapy is just a placebo effect, it feels real to me and it felt awesome to be doing something for myself.


Another thing that I have added to my list is pampering and dressing myself up. I have taken to Pinterest to find new ways to do my hair and makeup, and I feel confident and sexy ~ the yoga also helped me feel sexy! I'm 24, and feeling this awesome is new to me, Actually being able to learn how to do fun things with my hair and makeup is really encouraging to my self esteem. I feel like I should have been able to do this stuff in high school like all the other pretty girls. *Side note: we're all beautiful goddesses ~ don't let the world tell you otherwise!


For example: Just today, I looked up this awesome bun thing on Pinterest and I actually did it! It wasn't as good as the picture, but it was damn good for my very first try! Helpful tip: If you have thick, frizzy hair like me, it helps do some of this hair stuff with really damp hair. Like, take a shower, squeeze your hair out with a towel so that it's not dripping, and then attempt these pretty updos! It's much easier!


Makeup!! Holy crap! I'm an artist! I paint and draw!! Why couldn't I do my makeup properly? Well, I didn't have anyone to teach me, really. But now, I view my face as a reusable canvas! And again, Pinterest really helps!And it may not be perfect the first time you try something new, but that's okay. Practice makes perfect! And as you get better, you can tweak things that you don't like! It's all a learning experience.


So go pamper yourself! Dress yourself up! And show yourself some love! You deserve it! Love yourself! Be kind to yourself! You are beautiful! Have a great day, Goddesses! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment