Thursday, August 11, 2016

Food

Food is important. Food is awesome. Food is life ~ literally. But, it’s one of those things that we need in moderation. And I love junk food, especially around that time. However, I also really love real food. Fruits, veggies, fresh meats, seafood, it’s all amazing! And if I can keep a leash on my junk food urges, then the healthy foods can still do their work!


I mentioned Pinterest for hair and makeup. That place is also amazing for recipes (as well as those Tasty videos that I keep seeing on Facebook ~ whoever you are, please know that you are a life saver!). Oh, and crock pots are magic as I recently discovered. You through a bunch of ingredients into it, turn it on, and leave it all day and you have dinner when you get home! (In case you haven’t picked up on it yet, I’m also very new to cooking). You might be wondering at this point, “If she’s 24 and doesn’t know how to cook or do her hair and makeup properly, how in the world is she adulting?!” Easy answer. I went makeup-free up until recently, minus the few occasions where I actually tried to look presentable. For the record, blue eyeshadow is not my color. Yes, I wore blue eyeshadow. This was about 2.5 years ago. I also wore purple eyeshadow.


Anyway, I’m rambling! Cooking! Food! Adulting! I can make mac’n’cheese, tater tot casserole and meatloaf. I’m also fantastic at scrambling eggs! Such skill, I know. Why am I just now learning that asparagus sauteed in salt and butter until very crispy is fantastic? Why am I just now learning how to make sauces and soups? Because of semi private reasons that I don’t really feel like talking about right now, but let’s just say that my cooking practice consisted of throwing frozen food in the oven or the microwave. (Yuck…..) Oh, and fruit. These require no cooking skills (thankfully). I have discovered how amazing mangos are! I thought I loved pears until I tasted that sweet, melt in your mouth fruit *swoon*. I still love pears, but I’m quite pleased that I am expanding my horizons.


Junk food is also pretty good, as I mentioned before. Except, I have discovered that if it’s made properly, it really isn’t junk food. For example, if you go to taco bell, that’s junk food. But if you go to the family owned Mexican restaurant downtown, that is heaven. Same goes for just about everything else! Food is empowering! (Remember my previous post about finding your source? Food can so be your source!!) Be mindful of what you put into your body! You don’t have to stop eating chocolate cold turkey. (I think I might actually die without chocolate). Just be mindful of how much and how often you eat it. But definitely keep some on you at all times… You know… For just in case the dementors attack.

Love yourselves and eat awesome food! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment