Sunday, August 21, 2016

Autumn

I am so excited for the leaves to start changing color! I’m ready for that crisp, cool air and the scents that the season brings with it! I can’t wait for all the Autumn inspired food and drinks, like the pumpkin spice coffees. Yum! I’m really looking forward to the bonfires and holidays. It will be cooler out, so I can definitely ride my bike more! (I melt in the summer!!)


The first scent of cool autumn air arrived today. It’s beginning to feel quite wonderful outside. Soon, I’ll be wearing hoodies and playing in the leaves at the park! Their crunching sound under my shoes is still satisfying as adult. Soon, I’ll be sword fighting with sticks. It’s great fun to play with the person you love; we’ll chase and tackle each other in our attempt to win, but neither of us really loses. Soon, I’ll feeding the geese. They’re actually quite nice if you have food for them. If you’re careful about it, you can feed them straight from your hands. Soon, I’ll be sitting in cozy coffee shops with my books and coffee. Those shops that are filled with people talking with their friends or reading on comfy couches. The air is filled with the scents of coffee, tea and an assortment of pastries. Soon, it will be perfect bike riding weather. It won’t be too hot, and you can get quite a few places without a car.

Then, soon enough, the crisp autumn air will begin to leave us chilled as the first snow approaches, and then dancing with the falling leaves will turn into catching those chilly snow flakes on my tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment