Thursday, August 11, 2016

Connecting to Your Source

What does this mean? It means to surround yourself with things that empower you! For me, my source is nature. It's the smell of the rain, the sound of it as it pours from the steely grey clouds. My source is the forest, running through the trees. My source is the ocean and the rivers, swimming, boating, or even just being near them. There's a peacefulness that flows over me in nature. I love being outside. Hiking, biking, reading (yes, reading), some people even create beautiful art outside! (I should definitely try that!) Nature is very healing. To me, it is empowering. My favorite is doing yoga outside. My yoga group has recently been going to our local park and practicing our wonderful Buti Yoga in the shelter of the trees with the beautiful sky over head. The sky is like a new painting every day. Each cloud, each sunset is unique.


I had the pleasure of being caught in a downpour today while I was driving. I had gotten home, and I was stuck in the car for about 5 minutes before it was safe to run up to the porch! (Getting your food wet is no fun!) The sound of the rain on the windshield and roof of the car was very relaxing, and the smell of the rain when I finally got outside was intoxicating! Thank you, Mother Nature! Much love for your gifts <3 Speaking of the gifts of Mother Nature, she has been giving me feathers! I have four now. Two days ago, I found a hawk's feather right outside my front door! That was exciting!


Anyway, find your source, connect with it. What empowers you? What brings you back to your center? What brings you peace? What relaxes you? You will feel so much better when you spend time with your source <3


Good luck!

2 comments:

  1. I love this, it really helped remind me that I am on the right path! Thank you, Ashley! :)

    ReplyDelete