Sunday, July 31, 2016

A Little Bit More About Me

So in my first post, I briefly mentioned some of the trials I've been through. Well, I've been doing a lot of self work. I'm working on my emotional and mental  traumas, making myself stronger physically, and just trying to be healthier all around.

One of the things that I'm doing is something called Buti Yoga. This is a truly magical practice. It's very feminine in its movements, but it's also a lot harder than it looks! I have never had very good self esteem and very low confidence. Now, I'm more confident, my self esteem has definitely gotten a huge boost and I feel super sexy. Sure, I still have a lot of work to do, but I can actually see my progress. Not to mention that exercise can help with depression, which I also struggled with.

Another thing I did - which I hope to learn more about - was I saw an energy therapist. That was immensely helpful. I learned all sorts of tools to deal with my emotions, reactions and how to stop and think about what I'm feeling/about to do or say. I learned that my reactions are based on fears that I have and that those fears are linked to an event in my childhood. Understanding my fears and reactions and where they come from has helped me become more calm and accepting of myself. This makes it a lot easier to actually make the improvements to myself that I want.

I'm not where I want to be yet, but I'm getting there! I still have lots of work to do. I love myself more everyday. And that's a major leap from where I was a year ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment