Tuesday, April 18, 2017

No Need for Greed

Has anyone noticed the amount of stores closing, or is it just in my area? People are losing their jobs left and right. And what’s to blame for this? Well, a number of things. Online shopping is all the rage - and cheaper in most cases. Items are way overpriced, likely due to the high rent of the space that the stores are respectively using. Low wages (way less than a living wage) makes it difficult to buy those expensive items that the stores need to sell to pay rent and other costs to stay open. Which, in turn, leads to the stores closing and people losing their jobs. This makes life so much more difficult.

It’s growing increasingly unlikely that anyone can actually purchase and pay off a house. Apartment rent is becoming more and more ridiculous. A large majority of people are just one paycheck - maybe two - away from losing their homes. Groceries are expensive. Heaven forbid you actually need to buy new clothes for work! I have a problem with the inside of my thighs rubbing holes on the inside of my pants, and after nearly four months, I finally got a new pair of slacks for work. That was only because I had received a gift card that paid for most of the purchase, though. There are so many struggles.

And then we’re faced with the narrow minded people saying: Well, go to school and get a degree! Learn a trade/something useful! Gee, thanks, Person! I can’t even afford to live on my own, let alone school. No, I don’t want to drown in debt, thank you very much. I have two jobs and trying to find a third just to survive, as are millions of other people.

But why? Why do we allow ourselves to struggle so? Do we not realize that if we came together, we could throw the chains and shackles that bind us to this crumbling and destructive system? Do we not realize that we really don’t need money? Why do we? If we were kind to each other… If we took care of each other… If we loved one another… Brothers and Sisters, we can build an Eden, a Utopia. If we worked together.

Oh, but Ashley… No one will work together for that. It’s not realistic.

Why not? Why is it not realistic?

Because of the human condition? We are naturally full of greed and corruption.

No. We are naturally Love. We are taught to be corrupt.

We truly have no need for greed. We have no need for money. The only riches we need are that of love, kindness, and all the nutritional things that the Earth provides for us, her children.

Stand with me. Stand with the Earth. Stand with Humanity. Stand for the highest good of all. There is no reason to be in need of anything, for everything is provided.

** ** **

I fear I have gotten away from the point that I was originally going to make. I was going to say to buy locally and not online if it could be at all helped. But the point that ran away with me is even more prevelant.

Be blessed, Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment