Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Get Back Up

      So I went on this amazing bike ride earlier today with my love. My boyfriend loves bike riding and has this really nice road bike. I bought a new bike last year so that I could join him on his long treks on back country roads. Why not? I love nature. I know how to ride a bike and love doing so. He insisted on a helmet, which I thought was silly. I haven't fallen off my bike since I was first learning how to ride! I'll wear a helmet for horseback riding, sure... But I got the helmet anyway to appease him. Next were the shorts. The tight ones with the padding on the butt for added cushioning. Even with that added cushion on the butt of the pants, my butt still looks fan-freaking-tastic! So, I got the new bike, the helmet, and the fun new shorts that make my butt look awesome. But there was one more thing he suggested I get... New shoes and pedals with clips.... To lock my feet... To the pedals.

      Um... What?

      Yeah, that sounds pretty scary. What if I need to stop quickly? I'm going to die! Well, Today, we went on our first long bike ride together. Things were going great until we reached this hill. Coming up from behind us was a huge dump truck! My love was leading, and he was slowing way down. So slow that I almost ran into him and thought he forgot to signal that he was stopping. I fell. In the middle of the road.... With that dump truck coming straight at us. That was scary shit, let me tell you. Fortunately, I survived. (Obviously, or I wouldn't be writing about it). However, I now have a giant purple bruise on one knee, a huge knot on the other, and my palms are a bit scraped up.

      Man, those clip in pedals mean business!

No comments:

Post a Comment