Sunday, May 28, 2017

The Present


So today went well. I met my biological father. He lives ten hours away and drove straight through to visit me for the first time in my memory. My mother kept him away in her own selfish spite since I was a few months old, and I was adopted by a wonderful man whom I call Daddy. He, my biological father, took me to breakfast and lunch and we chatted a bit about nothing and everything. He even brought me a nice massage table for my Reiki practice, which I am very grateful for.  

At breakfast, it was really... it was amazing... So I really wanted a certain pendant that Danyel Harrison of Handmade Mystic had crafted. When I saw this beautiful piece of art, I just felt that it had been made just for me... but was heartbroken when I found that it had sold before I could buy it. No surprise, really. It’s a truly magnificent piece, much like the rest of her wonderfully beautiful and unique work.  My biological father had missed my birthday by a few months, and I was not expecting anything from him yet he presented me with a very late birthday present nonetheless. I carefully tore the paper off the tiny box, nervous at this first interaction with this strange man I had never before met… and low and behold the mystery inside this tiny box was… the pendant that I fell in love with!


No comments:

Post a Comment