Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Women Healing Women

So this past weekend was absolutely magical! My spiritual journey is starting to pick up now. I can see where I’m headed, and I love it! I have new goals and plans for myself. Most of which will start coming into fruition in 2017.


So, this weekend I went on a yoga retreat with a group of the most amazing women! It was a very short two night stay, but it was so worth it. While we were there in Gatlinburg, TN, we really got to come together in sisterhood and as powerful women healing each other. There was no cattiness, no competition; just a bunch of women lifting each other up. Aside from the amazing yoga that we did, we also got Reiki II certified! I am so excited to begin my journey as a healer!

There were so many emotions that were brought out in me that I thought I had dealt with. I thought I was over my mother being an absolutely terrible human being. But I'm not. I thought I was stronger than I really am mentally. But I still have a long way to go. I thought I knew myself better. But the light was shone on all the spots I had left neglected because I thought I had adequately healed from the wounds of my past. However, I know where to go next, or at least where my next few steps should be. My little lantern doesn't shine as far as I thought it did; so I'll take baby steps to ensure that I don't miss anything. I am strong, but I can be stronger. I have healed, but I have more healing left. I do know myself, but there's so much I learn about myself everyday. It's truly unbelievable. Only two nights, and I discover all these new and wonderful things about myself. I will embrace the pain, for that is the only way I can heal and move forward. I will take baby steps to ensure that I will not run too far ahead before I am truly ready to move on. I will strive to be the best me that I can possibly be. And it's all thanks to these wonderful women who have welcomed me into their humble little tribe of loving, encouraging and empowering women!


My goals are to become Buti Yoga certified and to practice Reiki every chance I can so that I can be ready for the Reiki Master certification next year on our retreat. My goals are to become a buti yoga instructor and Reiki healer as well as a published author and artist. I have some lofty goals for myself, but I believe that everything is coming together quite nicely for myself.

Did I mention we also saw a black bear? He was the most adorable bear I’ve ever seen! He seemed nice enough to cuddle with, but we figured it was better to be safe than sorry.



No comments:

Post a Comment